If you are well-traveled and know how to plan and book a tour, you probably don’t need to read this article.
However, if you need to know how to book a tour to Iran or you have doubts about your choices, don’t stop here; continue reading!
1- Booking at Home
- are not internet-savvy enough to search for Iran tours and Iranian travel companies;
- have reservations about traveling alone or without a tour guide in Iran; and
- do not trust Iranian travel companies to handle your tour requests, then
book a group tour to Iran with a travel company in your home country.
This might be the most convenient option for those who are not comfortable with independent trips or who need an experienced guide to look after them in lesser known destinations or simply don’t have time to search and plan their trips on their own.
- You travel with a group of people who speak your own language
- You can make new friends
- Everything is prearranged and you don’t need to make any plans
- In case of unforeseen events, you may feel more secure knowing you have an experienced tour guide
- You’ll have to pay more than you would if you traveled independently. Normally, travel companies in other countries don’t operate tours within Iran. They usually work with an Iranian travel company as a destination management company to organize and operate tours. So, there are two agencies as your travel intermediary – and both need to profit.
- You can’t change your itinerary and you have to stick to the program; as a result,
- You may lose the chance to mingle with the locals and get a fresh perspective on life in Iran.
2- Booking With an Iranian Travel Company
- are ready to spend some time searching for Iran tours; and
- have no problem trusting Iranian travel companies, then
go around the agencies in your own country and book your tour directly with an Iranian tour operator.
While a couple years ago, there were only a handful of Iranian travel companies – with poor presence on the web – operating incoming tours, now there are many such companies offering a variety of tours to the country. In addition to a strong online presence, they have become adept at meeting the demand of international clientele.
Nevertheless, should you plan your tour with an Iranian travel company, heed the following notes:
- Though many tour operators have developed websites to offer their services, the websites are not very helpful, case in point being that you can’t book their tours online and you have to send your request via email or fill out an online request form.
- You may not find tours operated on particular dates and in your own language. That is because almost all tours are request-based and customized based on your preferred language, number of people and your special demands. These tours can be 100% tailor-made.
A 100% tailor-made tour is an itinerary designed just for you. You can choose which places to visit, what activities to do and which sights to see. You can also decide with whom to travel and where to stay overnight or opt for a tour guide to escort you during your trip or do it with a silent guide or no tour guide at all! Simply put, you are in control and you can take things at your own pace and dictate where, when and how to travel.
- There is only one intermediary and as a result the tour is cheaper than the previous option. But note that the price of such tours vary depending on the group size. If you are one traveler demanding an all-inclusive tour package, it may cost you four times more than when traveling with a group of 15 people.
So, if you have to travel on budget, get your friends and family to travel with you to form a larger group!
- You have more freedom to customize your tour and plan your trip to your liking.
- The agencies in Iran have firsthand knowledge about traveling to and around the country. You will be in the care of experts striving to offer the best of their country.
- There are rarely group tours with departure dates to choose from
- Online payment may be a problem for some travel companies in Iran
- You have to plan and book your international flight(s) yourself; and
- You may not be able to tell for certain which company is better equipped to meet your demands.
3- Travel Independently
- are a more independent individual, dislike traveling with a group, and/or go on guided tours;
- crave for more authentic encounters; and
- appreciate small but new experience, then
forget about travel agencies. Grab your backpack and hit the road. Getting an Iranian visa is simple for most foreign nationals (learn how to get Iran visa on arrival) and you can book your hotel rooms via hotel booking sites, email or a simple phone call.
Besides, public transportation is accessible, comfortable and cheap. This is the best way to experience everyday life in Iran and form a clearer picture of the country. People are hospitable and you might frequently be invited to spend the night at their place.
- You can travel on a budget and save up for the next trip
- It is deeply rewarding
- You’ll have great stories to tell to your friends back home
- Because your trip is not prearranged, unforeseen events might thwart your plans.
Well, traveling to Iran is not too different from traveling to elsewhere. To get the best out of your trip, you only need to know your own demands. The next part, which involves deciding when and how to travel, is easy!
Please comment below and share your insights with us.