“The information presented in this article is subject to change and it will be updated when new official data is released”.
Last update: 11.11.2017
The new line of Tehran metro connecting Imam Khomeini Airport to Tehran was opened last week, August 7. Imam Khomeini Airport station is part of line 8 connecting Shahed station to Parand city. The line is the first metro express line in Iran and works at the speed of 60 km/h to be increased to 120 km/h at the end of project.
As most of the flights arrive late at night, between 10 pm and 5 am, the IKA station is planned to work 24/7 and some other stations in line 1 (red line) and line 4 (yellow line) will also be open 24/7 in future to connect Imam Khomeini Airport and Mehrabad Airport and facilitate moving between two Tehran airports for incoming travelers who plan to travel within Iran as soon as they arrive in the country.
Important Note: Currently, the station’s working hours is 7: 03 a.m. -12:27 p.m.
Darvazeh Dowlat station, the intersection of line 1 and line 4 in Tehran downtown started its overnight operation from August 9.
- Here is our guide to Tehran metro network
- You can also read our article “One-day Tehran City Tour by Metro“.
Where is the IKA station on the metro map?
It is (almost) at the southern end of line 1. If your journey starts from the Tehran city center, take line 1 (towards Kahrizak) and change the line at Shahed station, exactly 2 stations before Kahrizak station and take line 8.
- The ticket of IKA station, like other stations, is 8,000 Rials but it would change in near future.
- Currently, there is no limitation on luggage to carry into the metro.
- Time interval of trains departing from IKA station is 80 minutes.
- As the metro train speed is low at the time and the distance of IKA from Tehran downtown is 52 km on the ground (based on Google Maps), it may take even 2 hours to get to the airport.
Please share your comments and insights bellow.